Ontario Curling Council is pleased to announce the continuation of the the Next Generation Program for the 2016-2017 season. Our first year was a tremendous success due in part by the generous Sport Priority Fund grant received from the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport.
About the Program:
The goal of the Ontario Curling Council (OCC)’s Next Generation Program is to support the implementation of Curling Canada’s Podium Pathway, a high performance development system, in Ontario. It is intended to ensure a progressive stream of athletes and coaches are being trained to standards required to win Olympic and World Championships. Our focus is on athletes who are 9-12 years away from Curling Canada’s National Team Program. Athlete and coaching development within the Program will be individualized for each team – to ensure they are receiving what they need to advance their development.
Program will run from July 1, 2016-March 31, 2017. Teams must commit to participating in program activities TOGETHER until the end of the program. A total of six teams (three male, three female) will be accepted into the program.
- Teams will be assigned a Provincial Mentor Coach to work with for the year – the Provincial mentor Coach will assist with Gap analysis, yearly plan design/consultation, sport specific training – delivery, brushing, strategy and tactics.
- Teams will be provided with a curling specific fitness program, with mandatory testing requirements
- Teams will be provided with Mental Performance Training through generous sponsorship by Marble Labs Inc.
- Teams will receive Competition Review Support by provincial coaches at a minimum of one event per team.
- Teams will receive training from the Canadian Sport Institute of Ontario’s Nutritionists (Group Delivery Format)
- Team coaches will be mentored throughout the season and receive professional development credit towards their Maintenance of Certification.
- Teams will have access to equipment such as instrumented brushes, wireless mics, speed traps, etc…
Selection Protocol/Program Information can be found here: Next Generation Program – Program Information
Application Forms can be found here: Next Generation Program Application 2016-2017
Rankings can be found here: Next Generation – Rankings – Bantams & Juniors
All applications must be received by June 20, 2016 at 12:00 pm EST. Applications are to be emailed to Jennifer Ferris at email@example.com. Confirmation of Receipt will be sent on June 20, 2016 by 5:00 pm EST – if you have not received Confirmation of Receipt by then please contact Jennifer Ferris at 289-527-0352.
Any questions should be directed to Jennifer Ferris, Manager, Programs and Operations – at firstname.lastname@example.org or 289-527-0352.