The Ontario Curling Council will host a specialized Professional Development workshop geared specifically at Coaching Wheelchair Curling athletes. This workshop is a Curling Canada PD Module – “Wheelchair Curling Coach”
Date: March 24, 2018
Location: Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club
This workshop is being subsidized by a grant from the Coaches Association of Ontario. There is only space for 12 coaches. Three spots are being reserved for NOCA Coaches and a minimum of three spots are being reserved for female coaches – until March 1, 2018. On March 2, 2018 – Coaches will be selected to participate in this program based on the reason they want to attend and the criteria above.
This is a FREE workshop, lunch and coffee service will be provided and travel costs will be subsidized using a travel equalization program.
- Your role as a wheelchair curling coach
- Inclusion and Integration
- Wheelchair curling Long Term Athlete Development Model
- First Contact Strategies
- Overview of Disabilities
Learn about wheelchair curling:
- Equipment, Clothing, facilities and safety
- How to run a New Wheelchair Curler on-ice session
- How to plan a practice for wheelchair curling athletes
- Key elements of a competition and event plan
- Unique features for wheelchair curling athletes.
Certified Coaches will receive three professional development credits towards their maintenance of certification.