The Ontario Curling Council (OCC) is the Provincial Sport Organization for amateur curling in Ontario. The OCC works collaboratively with its members CurlON and the Northern Ontario Curling Association to deliver programs, services and competitions for recreational and competitive curlers throughout the province.
The Ontario Curling Council (Board of Directors) is seeking nominations for one Independent Councillor Position, for a three year term. The Independent Councillor will be elected by the current Councillors who represent the membership at the Annual General Meeting to be held on June 26, 2019.
Potential Independent Councillors will possess one or more of the following skills and attributes:
- Commitment and capacity (time, energy, expertise) to fulfill the commitment as a Councillor
- Knowledge about roles and responsibilities of a Councillor, Council and Staff
- Experience in formulating policy
- Experience in thinking strategically
- Knowledge about the community of sport, not necessarily curling specific
- Ability to identify principal business risks and ensure implementation of appropriate systems to manage those risks
- Knowledge of organizational performance mechanisms and ability to monitor, evaluate and report Involvement and/or awareness of the sport of curling including its presence in the community locally, provincially and/or nationally
- Technical expertise in the sport of curling, being high performance coaching or competitive play
- Ethical and values based behaviour
- Representative of client population (athlete & Coach)
- Other attributes valued by the Council
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Legal designation (LL.B)
- Professional qualifications (MD, PhD, MBA, Sport Science)
- Personnel Management (Human Resource Professional designation)
- Media/Marketing/Public Relations contacts/experience
- Awareness of Fundraising methods, grant applications and processes
- Administration/Management/Investment experience
- Advocacy/Government Relations/contacts
- Organizational development/Strategic Planning experience
- Other skills valued by the Council.