Application Deadline of August 3rd is fast approaching
Don’t miss out if you are interested
Ontario Curling Council Seeks Youth Programming Leaders
The Ontario Curling Council is seeking up to six individuals to act as Youth Programming Leaders in Regions* across the Province to help execute an Ontario Sport Communities Recreation Fund grant focused on Youth Curling – “Ontario Kids Curl” for the 2018-19 curling season
Youth Programming Leaders will be expected to:
- Participate in training familiarizing yourself with current and new Youth Programming initiatives on Sunday, August 26, 2018 in Kitchener-Waterloo
- Work with OCC staff to schedule and deliver a Youth Curling Summit in your region (September/October 2018)
- Act as an expert resource by liaising with all member clubs in your region, helping them implement new youth programming, collect best practices and report back on success of program implementation throughout the 2018-2019 season
- Prepare a season-ending report that outlines the activities and impacts that the youth programming initiatives have had in the region during the season.
- Act as a brand ambassador of the Ontario Curling Council and Curling Canada
For this role, individuals should:
- Have at minimum a NCCP Club Coach or Club Coach: Youth Trained Designation
- Have a valid Criminal Record Check on file with either CurlON or NOCA, or submit one with their application
- Have experience with youth programming at the club level
- Be an active coach within their region capable of liasing and working with other youth curling coaches working at clubs in your region.
Individuals will be compensated for work completed. Expenses related to travel, accommodation (if required) and per diems will be reimbursed at OCC rates.
Interested in this position? Send your resume and a letter explaining why you’re a good fit along with your region of interest to Perry Marshall – Education Manager, South at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 3, 2018
- Region A – OCA Zones 1, 2, 3, 4
- Region B – OCA Zones 5, 6, 7, 8
- Region C – OCA Zones 9, 10, 11, 12
- Region D – OCA Zones 13, 14, 15, 16
- Region E – NOCA Regions 1, 2, 3
- Region F – NOCA Regions 4, 5, 6
About the Ontario Curling Council
The Ontario Curling Council (formerly Curl Ontario), a non-profit organization incorporated in 1981, is the provincial sport organization for the sport of curling in Ontario. Its membership includes the Northern Ontario Curling Association (NOCA) and CurlON (Ontario Curling Association). The Ontario Curling Council (OCC) is an affiliate member of curling’s national sport organization, Curling Canada.
Working together with CurlON and the NOCA, the OCC is committed to improving athlete performances, increasing opportunities for Ontarians to curl, supporting programs and services, and improving the strength of curling clubs through education, programming and expertise.