The Ontario Curling Council (OCC) is the Provincial Sport Organization for amateur curling in Ontario. The OCC works collaboratively with its members CurlON and the Northern Ontario Curling Association to deliver programs, services and competitions for recreational and competitive curlers throughout the province.
The Ontario Curling Council (Board of Directors) is seeking nominations for one Independent Councillor Position, for a three year term. The position available, is for the role of Secretary/Treasurer, therefore the nominees must have a financial background with preference given to applicants who have an Accounting designation. The Independent Councillor will be elected by the current Councillors who represent the membership at the Annual General Meeting to be held on June 25, 2018.
Potential Independent Councillors will possess one or more of the following skills and attributes:
- Commitment and capacity (time, energy, expertise) to fulfill the commitment as a Councillor
- Knowledge about roles and responsibilities of a Councillor, Council and Staff
- Experience in formulating policy
- Experience in thinking strategically
- Knowledge about the community of sport, not necessarily curling specific
- Ability to identify principal business risks and ensure implementation of appropriate systems to manage those risks
- Knowledge of organizational performance mechanisms and ability to monitor, evaluate and report Involvement and/or awareness of the sport of curling including its presence in the community locally, provincially and/or nationally
- Technical expertise in the sport of curling, being high performance coaching, competitive play
- Ethical and values based behaviour
- Representative of client population (athlete & Coach)
- Other attributes valued by the Council
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Legal designation (LL.B)
- Professional qualifications (MD, PhD, MBA, Sport Science)
- Personnel Management (Human Resource Professional designation)
- Media/Marketing/Public Relations contacts/experience
- Awareness of Fundraising methods, grant applications and processes
- Administration/Management/Investment experience
- Advocacy/Government Relations/contacts
- Organizational development/Strategic Planning experience
- Other skills valued by the Council.
Interested individuals are asked to submit a resume outlining relevant skills and experience by June 13, 2018 to “Chair, Ontario Curling Council” email@example.com. Only candidates being nominated for election will be notified.
Questions may be directed to Rick Meraska, Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Ferris, Manager, Programs and Operations at email@example.com or 289-527-0352.
Download this posting here: Independent Councillors – May 2018