The Ontario Curling Council (OCC) is the recognized Provincial Sport Organization for amateur curling in Ontario. Together, with it members, the Ontario Curling Association and the Northern Ontario Curling Association, the OCC provides programs, services and competitions to nearly 55,000 Ontarians who enjoy the sport in approximately 250 member clubs.
The Ontario Curling Council’s mission statement is “To promote, develop, and grow curling as a recreational and competitive sport in Ontario.” We are excited to announce that through generous support of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport we will focus on growing the sport through the province-wide implementation of an already successful Adult Learn to Curl Program. This special two year project, will focus on enhancing existing program and resources, training Club Instructors in curling clubs across the entire province, and helping clubs implement programming. This program will be implemented and managed by the Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator will:
- be knowledgeable about the sport of curling and its operations;
- have 2-3 years of project management experience;
- have strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office, Email, Internet);
- possess excellent written and spoken communication skills (English);
- have excellent organizational and planning skills;
- be able to report on progress and project outcomes;
- be enthusiastic, accountable, reliable and foster the development of teamwork;
- have the ability to travel;
- have Curling Coach, Instructional or Learning Facilitator Experience (asset);
- have a Sports Administration diploma/degree (asset);
- be a resident of Ontario, or willing to relocate for the duration of the project;
- be able to work within a home office environment.
Term: July 2016-March 2018
Type of Position: Full Time (M-F 9 am-5 pm), occasional weekend work in lieu of weekday work
Reporting to: Manager, Programs and Operations
Location: Home Office with occasional travel
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Jennifer Ferris, Manager-Programs and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2016 at 5:00 pm EST.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidate will undergo background screening as a condition of employment.